Senior Estimator for Bridges / Structures - Heavy Civil Construction
Competitive salary and benefits , New York, NY New York, NY 10019
Senior Estimator for Bridges / Structures
Our client, a Heavy Civil Construction client that specializes in Roads & Bridges, is looking for a Sr. Estimator for Bridges/Structures for the NYC area.
This is a full-time perm position based out of the NY area with a great salary and benefits package.
The Bridge/Structures Sr. Estimator works with the preconstruction/business development staff in the review of project plans, requirements and specifications. This position is also responsible for the accurate and timely preparation of estimates for jobs to be bid, including complex bridges, walls and other structural elements.
- Prepare and/or review accurate quantity takeoffs, breakdowns and materials pricing.
- Determine labor and equipment costs.
- Discuss and propose the most proper means and methods for structures.
- Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks.
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, Schematic, DD, CD, etc.
- Perform pre-construction duties and meetings with Clients, Owners, Engineers, Subs and Suppliers, and JV Partners.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering or Architecture
- A minimum of 8 years of experience as an Estimator
- A minimum of 4 years of experience as a senior estimator for major bridges and structures.
- Public works sector experience required (Private is a plus).
- Familiarity of all aspects of horizontal and infrastructure projects
- Experience with large civil/highway/bridge contractor
- Advanced computer skills with estimating software (knowledge of HCSS Heavybid is a plus)
- Computers skills with MS Office, Primavera P6
- Knowledge AutoCAD and/or MicroStation is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles
- Prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines
- Effective presentation skills.
- Ability to work with other engineers and estimators and be part of a team
****Great Salary and benefits package****
If interested for more information please contact Don Triolo at 239-217-6330.
You can send your resume to email@example.com
Exec. Recruiter, Heavy Hwy./Civil, Com. Construction
Don has experience in searching, vetting and representing top professionals in both heavy highway/civil and commercial construction in the following areas:
- Asphalt Paving and Milling
- Concrete Paving
- Director of Construction
- Earthwork, Drilling, Tunneling, Boring
- Heavy Civil Contracting
- Heavy Highway/Roads and Bridges Construction
- Mass Excavation and Grading
- Operations Managers
- Pile Driving
- Pipeline Contractors
- Project Managers
- Quality Control
- Utility and Site Contractors
- And many more…