Product Category Manager (Tools)
Los Angeles, California Los Angeles, CA
DID YOU KNOW? "The concept of category management was first formalized by Dr Brian Harris in the late 1980s." (Mike Anthony, The Birth of Category Management)
Our client is in immediate need of enthusiastic, top-notch Product Category Managers due to GROWTH. This is a great opportunity to be part of a company on a fast-growth trajectory and is steadily opening stores across the USA! They have a loyal customer base and dedicated employees. If it's time to be rewarded for your hard work, read on...
- Execute defined business plans, including strong detailed promotional programs
- Coordinate promo plans to increase sales, working with cross functional teams to maximize sales/profits for your assigned business unit
- Working with Inventory for sales planning and recognizing where items are in the product life cycle, assisting Space Planners to roll out new programs and collaborating with Brand Development and Packaging teams will all be part of your responsibilities.
- Experience in hardlines is a MUST (tools, lawn/garden)
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) as you will be presenting to senior management
- 3-4 years of experience in retail Category Management or a related field
- Product Development would be a PLUS, but not necessary
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Excellent leadership, negotiating, and planning skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Multiple openings. Relocation and generous bonus program offered.
To be considered for this role, apply now or contact Mickey Kampsen at (239) 566-1429 or Charlotte Schneider at (239) 330-6965 for a confidential conversation.