Retail Category Manager (Product Development)
Los Angeles, California Los Angeles, CA
RETAIL CATEGORY MANAGER ***TOOLS, HAND TOOLS, AIR TOOLS, POWER TOOLS, ENGINES, GENERATORS, AUTOMOTIVE, MOTORCYCLE, WELDING, LAWN & GARDEN, MATERIAL HANDLING***
Here is a great opportunity to join a solid privately-held retailer who is on a continual fast-growth trajectory and continues to open stores across the USA! The company has a loyal customer base and sells in the value space. If you like an entrepreneurial environment within a financially stable and expansive company – look no further!
- Execute defined business plans, including strong detailed promotional programs
- Coordinate promo plans to increase sales, working with cross functional teams to maximize sales/profits for your assigned business unit
- Working with Inventory for sales planning and recognizing where items are in the product life cycle, assisting Space Planners to roll out new programs and collaborating with Brand Development and Packaging teams will all be part of your responsibilities.
YOU MUST HAVE:
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) as you will be presenting to senior management
- 3-4 years of experience in retail Category Management or a related field
- Product Development would be a PLUS, but not necessary
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Excellent leadership, negotiating, and planning skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite