Quality Manufacturing Engineer Hartford/Bloomfield CT area
With over 50 years of experience in both Aerospace and Medical device, a new hybrid position of Quality and Manufacturing Engineer has opened with a high-precision manufacture.
Our client is in search of a Quality/Manufacturing Engineer. This position combines the project oversight of a manufacturing engineer with the responsibilities of quality control that a quality engineer would have.
The Ideal candidate will understand the entire manufacturing process and be involved in recommending the most efficient way to produce a highly complex product with strong quality background to understand the internal and external production parameters that could cause delays or redesign issues and slow down the production process.
- Lead root cause investigationson any internal or external non-conformances. This may include 8D, 5 Why, DOE, or other similar methodologies to find the true root cause of problem.
- Be able to take chargein putting together meetings and/or workshops to determine the causes that lead to the problem/complaint and find effective measures to prevent recurrence of the issue.
- Must have prior experience in a manufacturing (job shop) environment preferably having working knowledge of multi-axis machines, grinders, CNC type of lathes and milling machines, and bagging equipment.
- Work with the Manufacturing Engineers to develop solid corrective actions to eliminate the non-conformance identified.(Corrective actions must include some mistake proofing to prevent recurrence.)
- Work pro-actively on the prevention of non-conformances and product variationusing tools such as SPC and Poka-Yoke systems and have the ability to introduce these into the process and monitor results for effectiveness.
- Monitor key process parameters(such as rework and scrap) to isolate problem areas and correct the potential for escapes and waste prior to it happening.
- Work well in a team environmentbut have the ability to work independently when required.
- Strong communication skillsusing verbal, written, or electronic media. Have the ability to design and explain concepts and requirements to those with less training and background.
Interviews are taking place soon so please direct all resumes to Paula Morisey (pmorisey@Morisey-Dart.com) 239-963-8745 or apply online at www.morisey-dart.com
You will need a minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Manufacturing/Quality Function in a job shop environment.
A bachelor’s degree in either Engineering or Quality is essential for consideration
Knowledge of CNC manufacturing
Research & Recruitment Specialist
Paula joined the Morisey-Dart Group in August of 2017. She is the firm’s research and recruitment specialist for the medical device and precision machining/manufacturing teams. She is responsible for sourcing and recruiting, lead generation, internet research and various other responsibilities within both the medical device and precision machining industries.
With 25 years at Xerox Corporation in New York, Paula had a prosperous and noteworthy career where she excelled during her tenure. She brings her vast knowledge and expertise in procurement, supply chain, contract administration and project management to the firm. She is a creative and natural problem-solver with proven success in developing and implementing new procedures and processes as well as integrating newly acquired subsidiaries.
Now, she’s using her expertise to build a network of solid relationships in the medical device and precision machining industries that help hiring managers find the top talent they need to improve their organizations.
Paula is Lean Six Sigma certified (Green Belt), has a Master of Science in business management and a Bachelor of Science in education.