Marietta, PA 17547
Patternmaker / CNC Programmer #2521
For more than 150 years this International company has provided the finest-quality pipe products and services with integrity and dedication to superior customer service at all levels. We provide expertise and product solutions for a wide range of applications, from plumbing and mechanical, HVAC, industrial and fire protection to mining, and oil and gas
This position must be skilled in all facets of pattern machine shop operations. He/she will be required to fabricate machine parts from blueprint drawings on manual lathes and mills without supervision.
- Design and construct specialized patterns used in the molding process.
- Program CNC machines.
- Set-up, adjust and operate all varieties of manual machine shop equipment.
- Manufacture a wide variety of metal components through the operation of milling machines, drill presses, and similar equipment, gauging work carefully by using precision tools, fabricated mechanical devices and units.
- Operate cutting, grinding and welding equipment and use hand tools in the fabrication of mechanical devices.
- Make jigs and fixtures.
- Responsible for manual programming and fabrication of tooling, operate horizontal machining equipment, check own parts using gages, and calipers
- Complete required documentation.
- Performs other work as required in support of general repair activity.
- Experience with Mastercam and Solid works CNC programs is a must.
- Read, understand, interpret, and explain manufacturing planning, blueprints, specifications, and sketches, including views, Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances (GD&T), symbols, and revision control.
- Ability to use measuring equipment. (Micrometers, both inside and outside. Depth micrometers. Vernier and dial calipers. Steel rules and tape measures, also indicators)
- Ability to work in English and Metric coordinate system.
- Ability to use lathes, mills and welding equipment (arc/gas).
- Understand proper setup and use of tooling associated with machines.
- Requires a good understanding of form, fit and function of the tool and production process.
- Must have a good working knowledge of stack-up tolerance.
- Requires good working knowledge of machine tools, precision instruments and good manual dexterity.
- Required to perform shop mathematics associated with layouts and machining.
- Ability to meet physical demands and skills analysis of the job.
High school degree or equivalent required.
- Machinist schooling and/or apprenticeship required.
- Five (5) years of machining experience as a journey level machinist.
- Five (5) years’ experience with Mastercam and Solidworks CNC programs.
Research & Recruitment Specialist
Paula joined the Morisey-Dart Group in August of 2017. She is the firm’s research and recruitment specialist for the medical device and precision machining/manufacturing teams. She is responsible for sourcing and recruiting, lead generation, internet research and various other responsibilities within both the medical device and precision machining industries.
With 25 years at Xerox Corporation in New York, Paula had a prosperous and noteworthy career where she excelled during her tenure. She brings her vast knowledge and expertise in procurement, supply chain, contract administration and project management to the firm. She is a creative and natural problem-solver with proven success in developing and implementing new procedures and processes as well as integrating newly acquired subsidiaries.
Now, she’s using her expertise to build a network of solid relationships in the medical device and precision machining industries that help hiring managers find the top talent they need to improve their organizations.
Paula is Lean Six Sigma certified (Green Belt), has a Master of Science in business management and a Bachelor of Science in education.