Millwright Journeyperson 2 positions
Marietta, PA 17547
2 Journeyperson Millwright #2519 (
Position for flexible 3rd shift (negotiated at time of hire)
Stability and security with advancement opportunities for this hands on position
For more than 150 years this International company has provided the finest-quality pipe products and services with integrity and dedication to superior customer service at all levels. We provide expertise and product solutions for a wide range of applications, from plumbing and mechanical, HVAC, industrial and fire protection to mining, and oil and gas.
Duties &/ Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoots repairs or replaces pneumatic, hydraulic, electronic and other machinery and mechanical equipment throughout the foundry.
- Conducts preventative maintenance, clean lube, and inspect equipment.
- Examines parts for defects such as breakage and excessive wear.
- Observes and tests the operation of machinery and equipment in order to diagnose malfunctions.
- Completes overhaul in shop environment to include component installation, service and repairs equipment to original equipment manufacturers specifications using various hand and power tools of the maintenance trades.
- Performs work in the mechanic’s skill area such as fabrication, assembly, welding, burning, cutting, basic turning basic milling, and pipefitting.
- Completes required documentation.
- Performs other work as required in support of general repair activity.
Required Skills / Experience:
- Working knowledge of Hydraulic and Pneumatic systems.
- Knowledge of varied types of motors and their operation.
- Knowledge of the common reasons for mechanical failure and the steps necessary to correct malfunctioning.
- Knowledge of the diagnostic and repair tools and equipment used in dissembling, repairing and installing mechanical equipment.
- Ability to analyze mechanical problems, organize assigned maintenance and repair work, and develop effective work methods.
- Ability to rebuild and install new and/or rebuilt assemblies in equipment.
- Ability to weld broken parts, burn and fabricate.
- Ability to read and interpret maintenance manuals, using diagram schematics and parts manual.
- Ability to work independently.
- Possesses a sense of urgency and ownership.
- Must possess an even temperament to work under pressure to prevent costly delays in production that can result from machinery breakdown.
- Excellent follow-up skills with the ability to complete assignments/projects through to completion.
- Ability to respond with flexibility and efficiency to frequent changes in task focus, competing priorities, and multiple deadlines.
- Ability to meet physical demands and skills analysis of the job.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Schooling and/or apprenticeship required.
- Five (5) years of experience as a journey level Millwright in a production machining facility.
- 3rd shift start and stop times may be negotiated at hire to meet the new hire’s work/life balance
- Must be available to work on weekends as required to cover 7-day work schedules
- full line of benefits to employees after 90 days. Some benefits are company paid and others are cost shared
Research & Recruitment Specialist
Paula joined the Morisey-Dart Group in August of 2017. She is the firm’s research and recruitment specialist for the medical device and precision machining/manufacturing teams. She is responsible for sourcing and recruiting, lead generation, internet research and various other responsibilities within both the medical device and precision machining industries.
With 25 years at Xerox Corporation in New York, Paula had a prosperous and noteworthy career where she excelled during her tenure. She brings her vast knowledge and expertise in procurement, supply chain, contract administration and project management to the firm. She is a creative and natural problem-solver with proven success in developing and implementing new procedures and processes as well as integrating newly acquired subsidiaries.
Now, she’s using her expertise to build a network of solid relationships in the medical device and precision machining industries that help hiring managers find the top talent they need to improve their organizations.
Paula is Lean Six Sigma certified (Green Belt), has a Master of Science in business management and a Bachelor of Science in education.