Machinist Setup/Operator (Brown &Sharpe Screw Machine)
Machinist Setup/operator (Brown & Sharpe Screw machine) (Detroit Area)
Expert on Brown & Sharpe Screw Machine
2 Positions: Full time, 1st shift and 2nd shift, 40-hour work week, 4 x 10 hour days. Overtime may be available.
Family owned, and operated manufacturing facility located in the Detroit Michigan area. We are a manufacturer of custom, precision turned parts and we are in search of an experienced Brown & Sharpe Screw Setup/operator.
- Set up, operate and maintain single· (Brown & Sharpe) (including but not limited to: changing cams & gears, grinding form tools, drills, cutoffs, maintenance, etc.)
- Minimum five (5) years setup experience on Brown & Sharpe screw machines (REQUIRED)
- Excellent ability working and communicating well with others, team mentality
- Complete change over and setup directly from drawing, comprehension of detailed drawings,
attention to detail
- Ability to use and fully understand various measuring devices (calipers, micrometers, height gages, etc.), GD&T and SPC methods
- Follow specific work, process, safety instructions and procedures
- Completing control charts, process paperwork
- Excellent problem-solving ability and attention to detail
- Exhibit strong work ethic and attendance record
- Able to lift 50#
Excellent benefits package available (health, dental & vision).
Compensation: commensurate with skill/experience
Submit Resume to: Paula Morisey firstname.lastname@example.org
- Set up/Operate Brown & Sharpe Screw Machine: 5 years
- Blueprint Reading: 5 years
- GD&T: 5 years
- 1st piece inspection
- Tool maintenance (tool sharpening)
Research & Recruitment Specialist
Paula joined the Morisey-Dart Group in August of 2017. She is the firm’s research and recruitment specialist for the medical device and precision machining/manufacturing teams. She is responsible for sourcing and recruiting, lead generation, internet research and various other responsibilities within both the medical device and precision machining industries.
With 25 years at Xerox Corporation in New York, Paula had a prosperous and noteworthy career where she excelled during her tenure. She brings her vast knowledge and expertise in procurement, supply chain, contract administration and project management to the firm. She is a creative and natural problem-solver with proven success in developing and implementing new procedures and processes as well as integrating newly acquired subsidiaries.
Now, she’s using her expertise to build a network of solid relationships in the medical device and precision machining industries that help hiring managers find the top talent they need to improve their organizations.
Paula is Lean Six Sigma certified (Green Belt), has a Master of Science in business management and a Bachelor of Science in education.