Machine Assembly Lead (Large Assembly)
Green Bay, WI
Machine Assembly Lead (Large Assemblies)
A custom machine fabrication operation is in growth mode! A company that designs and builds custom machines for clients in aviation, healthcare, mining and manufacturing is looking for a Machine Assembly Lead.
- Lead team to assemble and test large assemblies (mostly paper industry type – Winders, unwinders, etc.) and disassemble, diagnose, repair or replace and reassemble.
- Fit bearings, shafts, attach motors and connect and align coupling and belts for precise tolerances
- Assemble and test mechanical components
- Able to read blueprints, diagrams, bill of materials, schematics and other technical documents to dismantle and assemble equipment
- Develop plan and sequencing for assemblies
- Have solid, working knowledge of rigging and overhead crane operation, lifting device use and inspection for safe lifting
- Use a variety of hand tools and measuring tools. Able to lift heavy objects, physically manipulate objects with tools as needed utilizing cranes and other equipment to complete large-scale project in your daily job duties.
- Focus on/make decisions based on safety, quality and timely results
- Sets daily production goals, measures performance and provides feedback to associates and project leader.
- Occasionally work on scissor lift or ladder
- Must have safe rigging skills (chains and slings)
- 3-5 Years’ experience in custom machining
- Light machining skill a plus
- Demonstrates good judgment in the face of uncertainty and conflicting demands, manages conflict as it arises with care and tact.
- Leads by example in all areas of job
- Communicates a positive, consistent attitude and outlook
- Demonstrates care and concern about associate work and well being
- Has timely and effective conversations with associates when performance and/or behavior do not meet expectations; intervenes early to remediate the issue before it gets out of hand.
- Ability to effectively interact directly with customers
- Desire to shift work schedule/put in additional hours as required to meet deadlines
- Must practice good safety, housekeeping and organization habits
- Knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics
- High School or GED equivalent
- Experience leading a team
Interviews being scheduled for next week.
Research & Recruitment Specialist
Paula joined the Morisey-Dart Group in August of 2017. She is the firm’s research and recruitment specialist for the medical device and precision machining/manufacturing teams. She is responsible for sourcing and recruiting, lead generation, internet research and various other responsibilities within both the medical device and precision machining industries.
With 25 years at Xerox Corporation in New York, Paula had a prosperous and noteworthy career where she excelled during her tenure. She brings her vast knowledge and expertise in procurement, supply chain, contract administration and project management to the firm. She is a creative and natural problem-solver with proven success in developing and implementing new procedures and processes as well as integrating newly acquired subsidiaries.
Now, she’s using her expertise to build a network of solid relationships in the medical device and precision machining industries that help hiring managers find the top talent they need to improve their organizations.
Paula is Lean Six Sigma certified (Green Belt), has a Master of Science in business management and a Bachelor of Science in education.