International Vendor Manager
Calabasas, CA 91302
Reference Number: 2395
Location: Calabasas, CA
INTERNATIONAL VENDOR MANAGER NEEDED**TOOLS, HAND TOOLS, AIR TOOLS, POWER TOOLS, ENGINES, GENERATORS, AUTOMOTIVE, MOTORCYCLE, WELDING, LAWN & GARDEN, MATERIAL HANDLING***
Here is a great opportunity to join a solid privately-held retailer who is on a continual fast-growth trajectory and continues to open stores across the USA! The company has a loyal customer base and sells in the value space. If you like an entrepreneurial environment within a financially stable and expansive company – look no further!
· Manage daily business with hundreds of overseas vendors in China, Vietnam, India and other countries and ensure all production schedules are met, and finished goods are delivered on-time to port
· Negotiate to work with product costing for spend in the hundreds of millions
· Travel overseas as needed to achieve excellent results
· Direct and oversee foreign employees including utilization of performances metrics and analytics
· Work closely with Merchandising, Quality, and Inventory teams on a daily basis.
· Create policy and resolve problems
Position is located in Los Angeles county, with relocation available.
Morisey-Dart group is proud to offer the opportunity to interview and possibly become part of this exciting retailer. It’s a fast-paced, ever-changing, but success-driven, environment that’s on a continual rise.
YOU MUST HAVE:
· Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) as you will be presenting to senior management
· 5 years of experience in traveling and negotiating in China and/or other low-cost countries
· Bachelor’s degree is required; MBA a plus
· Excellent leadership, negotiating, and planning skills
· The ability to maintain confidential information
· Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
· Hands-on experience with sourcing, contract manufacturing, and logistics coordination in a FMCG environment