ID/OD Grinder (1st and 2nd shift)
Agawam, MA 01001
Reference Number: 2380
Location: Agawam, Ma area
One of the leading Aerospace Manufacturing companies in Massachusetts has 4 openings for highly skilled ID/OD Grinder machinists. They need both 1st and 2nd shift (with shift differential) to complete their team--with 3 to 5 years’ minimum experience required and your benefits start on the first day of work.
The facility is “state-of-the-art” and they offer their team more than just a paycheck. They offer a stable, team environment with room for advancement.
Interviews for qualified candidates are taking place immediately and the entire hiring process is less than a week.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
*Able to set up and operate a full complement of ID, OD, Roto and CNC Grinders, Soft lap and finish lap. Able to perform a wide variety of intricate finishing operations to very close, critical dimensions, tolerances and extremely low finishes on a wide assortment of housings, seals and spacers. Requires ability to perform all duties of Class I and all lower-rated classifications.
*Ability required to alter CNC programs at machine level. (Example: Add or alter radiuses, extra passes, etc.) Requires a commanding knowledge of CNC Grinding codes and manual programming techniques.
* Work from blueprints, operation sheets, drawings, sketches and specifications to set up and operate any machine in the department and verify the accuracy of work in process and finished work.
* Assist other Set-Up operators in the group.
*Responsible for the selection of proper grinding wheels, in order to grind to specifications, including MIL specs and micro finishes in accordance with the physical characteristics of the material being machined.
* Mount, balance and dress grinding wheels, load fixtures and tooling into machines, set controls, establish proper speeds and feeds, check and make all necessary adjustments. Observe operation of machines and check first piece for conformance to quality standards, specifications, tolerances, micro finishes, etc.
* Use and instruct others in use of standard gages and measuring instruments such as height gages, size blocks, Sunnen gages, swing gages, dial cores, indicators, and various precision instruments such as profilometers, comparators, optical flat viewers, Accuderm thickness gages, etc.
*Work in this area is critical; not only dimensionally, but extremely low micro finishes and flatness to “light bands.”
*Resolve questions regarding tolerances, inspection methods, machining methods, specifications, customer requirements, etc. referring to Group Leader, Shop Superintendent, Engineering Department as required.
* Adherence to safety practices and good housekeeping. * Perform other duties as assigned.
*Ability to perform all of the above duties and responsibilities, seldom requires to be directed or assisted by supervisor to produce high quality work within a reasonable time.
Research & Recruitment Specialist
Paula joined the Morisey-Dart Group in August of 2017. She is the firm’s research and recruitment specialist for the medical device and precision machining/manufacturing teams. She is responsible for sourcing and recruiting, lead generation, internet research and various other responsibilities within both the medical device and precision machining industries.
With 25 years at Xerox Corporation in New York, Paula had a prosperous and noteworthy career where she excelled during her tenure. She brings her vast knowledge and expertise in procurement, supply chain, contract administration and project management to the firm. She is a creative and natural problem-solver with proven success in developing and implementing new procedures and processes as well as integrating newly acquired subsidiaries.
Now, she’s using her expertise to build a network of solid relationships in the medical device and precision machining industries that help hiring managers find the top talent they need to improve their organizations.
Paula is Lean Six Sigma certified (Green Belt), has a Master of Science in business management and a Bachelor of Science in education.