Global Sourcing Specialist
Dixon, IL 61021
ARE YOU A RISING STAR in GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN?
If so – we have the job for you! Here is a chance to take ENORMOUS, even GIGANTIC, steps in learning your business! This critical position is located about 1 hour outside of Chicago with a well-established manufacturer and distributor of automotive parts and tools. These products are found in big box retailers, auto parts stores, wholesale automotive and industrial outlets worldwide.
Position will report to the Director of Global Sourcing. Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Managing supplier base
- Sourcing products and services
- Working with quotes
- Evaluating potential in a supplier cold call
- Building effective, winning supplier relationships
- Travel 10-15%, both domestic and international
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPM, CPSM, CPIM, APICS or ISM certification preferred
- 5-7 years sourcing experience in industrial, automotive or consumer goods setting
- Negotiation and contract experience highly preferred
- Cross-functional team experience highly preferred
- Experience with offshore sourcing, quoting and supplier evaluation preferred
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Advanced experience with MS office including Excel
- Experience creating/implementing supply-side contracts with International and Domestic suppliers preferred
To be considered for this GROWTH OPPORTUNITY – please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Mickey Kampsen at (239) 566-1429 for immediate consideration. Our client is eager to hire, so this won’t be open long.