Director of Operations
The Morisey-Dart Group has a client in the Asphalt business and the largest in the Northeast that is in need of a Director of Operations for the upper NY area.
This position is a full time perm position.
Experience in Asphalt
The Director of Operations and Logistics is an experienced transportation/construction manager who is capable of managing and leading a vertically integrated structure spanning two states and 15 locations. This position is directly responsible for leading regional operations and construction managers who oversee a work force of more than 400 employees. This position is responsible for long-term strategic planning and coordinates day-to-day activities related to heavy highway road construction and road maintenance applications.
- Direct and motivate supervisory personnel and staff engaged in planning and executing work procedures.
- Plan, develop, implement, lead, and evaluate the organization's operations function and performance.
- Manages scheduling logistics in conjunction with sales and operations.
- Develop and manage operations budget, as well as provide timely budget updates to the Executive Team.
- Evaluate the present and future needs of the Corporation’s operations infrastructure, equipment, and personnel. Provide Executive Team with project proposals and capital expenditure requests.
- Evaluate the operations division structure for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as developing long-term succession planning for all facets of the operations division.
- Troubleshoot and collaborate with other managers to problem-solve and advance the processes of the business unit and the division as a whole.
- Manage Regional Operations Managers to accomplish short and long-term goals consistent with the Corporation’s vision and objectives.
- Identify, recommend, and implement changes to improve productivity, quality of execution, and reduce cost.
- Train, develop, and assess staff effectively as well as providing individuals with recommendations for professional and personal growth. Takes corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy.
They offer competitive wages, paid time off, and a growth-oriented work environment. We extend employer-paid medical and dental benefits, as well as company-paid life insurance to all full-time employees. Personnel are also eligible for participation in our 401(k) plan.
For more information please contact Don Triolo at 239-217-6330.... You can also send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Safe Work Practices
- Ethical Conduct
- Financial Management
- Operations Excellence
- Team Development
- Communication Proficiency
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- Business Acumen
- Project Management
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field or equivalent work experience (MBA or Master’s in related field preferred).
- 10+ years in leadership role
- 5+ years of experience in managing/leading transportation/construction employees in a medium or large-size company.
- Experience in Asphalt
Exec. Recruiter, Heavy Hwy./Civil, Com. Construction
Don has experience in searching, vetting and representing top professionals in both heavy highway/civil and commercial construction in the following areas:
- Asphalt Paving and Milling
- Concrete Paving
- Director of Construction
- Earthwork, Drilling, Tunneling, Boring
- Heavy Civil Contracting
- Heavy Highway/Roads and Bridges Construction
- Mass Excavation and Grading
- Operations Managers
- Pile Driving
- Pipeline Contractors
- Project Managers
- Quality Control
- Utility and Site Contractors
- And many more…