Director of Operations
Upper New York area Cortland, NY 13045
Director of Operations
Location: New York
Great Opportunity in the NE US for Director of Operations with Asphalt Experience!
Our client, specializing in the Asphalt business, is the largest in the Northeast U.S. area--they offer a growth-oriented work environment. They are in need of a Director of Operations for the upper NY area.
The Director of Operations and Logistics is an experienced transportation/construction manager able to lead and manage a vertically integrated structure across two states and 15 locations.
This position is directly responsible for leading regional operations and construction managers who oversee a work force of more than 400 employees. Is responsible for long-term strategic planning and coordinates day-to-day activities related to heavy highway road construction and road maintenance applications.
This position is a full-time, permanent position.
Candidates must have experience in asphalt!
Competitive annual salary with benefits that include: paid time off, employer-paid medical and dental benefits, as well as company-paid life insurance to all full-time employees. Employees are eligible for participation in our 401(k) plan.
- Direct and motivate supervisory personnel and staff engaged in planning and executing work procedures.
- Plan, develop, implement, lead, and evaluate the organization's operations function and performance; manages scheduling logistics in conjunction with sales and operations.
- Develop and manage operations budget, as well as provide timely budget updates to the Executive Team.
- Train, develop, and assess staff effectively as well as providing individuals with recommendations for professional and personal growth.
For more information please contact Don Triolo at 239-217-6330.... You can also send your resume to email@example.com
Must have experience in the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or related field or equivalent work experience (MBA or Master’s in related field preferred).
- 10+ years in leadership role
- 5+ years of experience in managing/leading transportation/construction employees in a medium or large-size company; operations, team development skills
- Experience in Asphalt
- Knowledgeable in Safe Work Practices
- Project and Financial Management experience
- Ability to communicate with others
- Problem Solving/Analysis
Exec. Recruiter, Heavy Hwy./Civil, Com. Construction
Don has experience in searching, vetting and representing top professionals in both heavy highway/civil and commercial construction in the following areas:
- Asphalt Paving and Milling
- Concrete Paving
- Director of Construction
- Earthwork, Drilling, Tunneling, Boring
- Heavy Civil Contracting
- Heavy Highway/Roads and Bridges Construction
- Mass Excavation and Grading
- Operations Managers
- Pile Driving
- Pipeline Contractors
- Project Managers
- Quality Control
- Utility and Site Contractors
- And many more…