Chief Estimator for Heavy Civil Construction
New York, NY 10019
Chief Estimator for Heavy Civil
Our client, a Heavy Civil Construction client, is looking for a Chief Estimator for the NYC area.
The Chief Estimator will oversee a team of 12 estimators and work with the pre-construction / business development staff in the review of project plans, and requirements and specifications for large heavy civil projects.
- Have demonstrated leadership abilities to coordinate a team of estimators to develop a large multidisciplinary estimate
- Prepare accurate quantity takeoffs and materials pricing
- Review and understand all bid documents and assess project risks
- Understand project logistics and project schedule
- Prepare estimates at different levels of completion (conceptual, Schematic, DD, CD, etc.)
- Perform certain post-bid buyouts
- Perform pre-construction duties and meetings with Clients, Owners, and Engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering or Architecture
- A minimum of 6-9 years’ experience as a Sr. Project Manager, Estimator or equivalent
- A minimum of 13 years construction experience
- Experience working on large multi-million dollar projects exceeding 90 million dollars.
- Advanced computer skills with estimating software (Timberline)
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or MicroStation, Carlson, InRoads or Geopak desirable
- Extensive knowledge of construction costs and engineering principles
- Familiarity of all aspects of horizontal and infrastructure projects
- Prioritize work load and consistently meet deadlines
Position is Full-time.
Salary range $200,000 to $300,000 DOE with a very nice benefit package.
If interested and for more information please call Don Triolo at 239-217-6330. You can also send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Exec. Recruiter, Heavy Hwy./Civil, Com. Construction
Don has experience in searching, vetting and representing top professionals in both heavy highway/civil and commercial construction in the following areas:
- Asphalt Paving and Milling
- Concrete Paving
- Director of Construction
- Earthwork, Drilling, Tunneling, Boring
- Heavy Civil Contracting
- Heavy Highway/Roads and Bridges Construction
- Mass Excavation and Grading
- Operations Managers
- Pile Driving
- Pipeline Contractors
- Project Managers
- Quality Control
- Utility and Site Contractors
- And many more…