Grand Rapids, MI
Pay range – Mid-twenties per hour to start (based on experience)
Maintaining the highest standards of Quality Control are essential in this role.
A world leader in Medical device manufacturing is in search of detail oriented
Calibration Techs who understand both internal and external customer
requirements and can contribute to the high standards of precision manufactured
medical device products.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Completes calibration of gages such as micrometers, calipers, thread plug gages, thread ring gages, dial test indicators, etc.
- Maintains calibration software database and any other documentation or spreadsheets necessary to manage gage requisitions, storage locations, etc.
- Coordinates with engineering, quality engineering, operations, customers and vendors, to purchase gages and schedule calibrations to support production.
- Troubleshoot gage issues and complete minor repairs as needed
- Inspect parts visually and with manual gages to verify conformance to the print.
- Perform testing, gather and record data, analyze results and report product and in-process monitoring test results.
- Create and maintain data files and forms. Initiate and assist in the investigation and disposition of nonconforming materials.
- 100% paid family health benefits
- Quarterly bonus paid
- Uniforms, work boots and safety glasses allowance
- Long term/short term disability insurance
SPECIFICATIONS (SKILLS AND ABILITIES)
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus on optical devices.
- Use of microscopes, magnifiers, and optical comparators will be expected.
- Must demonstrate excellent writing skills with ability to prepare/review and/or approve technical documentation.
- Prior knowledge/experience surrounding quality control, metrology, and calibration is preferred.
- High School or GED equivalent.
- Minimum 1-year experience in manufacturing environment
Research & Recruitment Specialist
Paula joined the Morisey-Dart Group in August of 2017. She is the firm’s research and recruitment specialist for the medical device and precision machining/manufacturing teams. She is responsible for sourcing and recruiting, lead generation, internet research and various other responsibilities within both the medical device and precision machining industries.
With 25 years at Xerox Corporation in New York, Paula had a prosperous and noteworthy career where she excelled during her tenure. She brings her vast knowledge and expertise in procurement, supply chain, contract administration and project management to the firm. She is a creative and natural problem-solver with proven success in developing and implementing new procedures and processes as well as integrating newly acquired subsidiaries.
Now, she’s using her expertise to build a network of solid relationships in the medical device and precision machining industries that help hiring managers find the top talent they need to improve their organizations.
Paula is Lean Six Sigma certified (Green Belt), has a Master of Science in business management and a Bachelor of Science in education.