Grand Rapids, MI
100% family paid health insurance is just one of the outstanding Benefits along with a higher than average starting wage.
This privately held west Michigan contract manufacturer of precision-machined surgical instruments and complex device components is expanding and in search of highly skilled CMM Programmer/Operator. Working with one of the premier medical manufacturing teams is only the start of the challenge that awaits the right candidate.
Program and operate the measuring machine (CMM) to measure the surface area of three-dimensional objects for the inspection phase in the manufacturing process. In this position the CMM programmer will interpret blueprints and programs and ensure the CMM takes accurate measurements.
- Writes part inspection programs and develops part fixturing methods for CMM and other inspection equipment such as vision inspection equipment. Equipment brands include Zeiss, Optical Gaging Products (OGP), and Keyence.
- Reads and interprets part prints/drawings and job orders for all product specifications, i.e., dimensions, tolerances, inspection, and other specific instructions.
- Interprets and understands geometric dimensioning and tolerance (GD&T) callouts from customer drawings, and translates it into inspection programs, to ensure manufactured products meet internal engineering and customer dimensional specifications.
- Measures dimensions of parts as specified to ensure conformance to specifications, using CMM & other automated inspection equipment as well as precision measuring instruments, templates, and fixtures.
- Assists with statistical studies including gage R&Rs, process capability studies.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities to improve process and product quality and efficiency including CMM inspection methods.
- Assists with other activities such as documentation reviews, process auditing as time permits and as assigned.
- Work closely with engineering, quality, and manufacturing personnel to ensure the manufacturing of quality products.
Submit Resume to: email@example.com
QUALIFICATIONS/SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
- Familiarity with Zeiss Calypso software is desired
- Minimum High School education required
- Math proficiency
- Print Reading & GD&T
Research & Recruitment Specialist
Paula joined the Morisey-Dart Group in August of 2017. She is the firm’s research and recruitment specialist for the medical device and precision machining/manufacturing teams. She is responsible for sourcing and recruiting, lead generation, internet research and various other responsibilities within both the medical device and precision machining industries.
With 25 years at Xerox Corporation in New York, Paula had a prosperous and noteworthy career where she excelled during her tenure. She brings her vast knowledge and expertise in procurement, supply chain, contract administration and project management to the firm. She is a creative and natural problem-solver with proven success in developing and implementing new procedures and processes as well as integrating newly acquired subsidiaries.
Now, she’s using her expertise to build a network of solid relationships in the medical device and precision machining industries that help hiring managers find the top talent they need to improve their organizations.
Paula is Lean Six Sigma certified (Green Belt), has a Master of Science in business management and a Bachelor of Science in education.