CMM Programmer, Inspector 2nd Shift
Winsted, CT 06098
Reference Number: 2400
Location: Winsted, CT area
Our client is looking for a full-time, skilled, and self-motivated CMM Programmer/Inspector for the Winsted, CT area. This position works in a state of the art facility--in Aerospace manufacturing.
Responsibilities for this position include: sets up and operates CMM equipment and additionally is responsible for checking parts against blueprints or work order specifications using a variety of precision measuring instruments
Some of the benefits for you:
- Great starting salary with shift differential
- Outstanding benefits that start the day you come to work
- Fast paced team oriented atmosphere
- Advancement opportunities
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, solid models, etc.
- Able to use and read general QC equipment, including micrometers, calipers, bore gauges, etc.
- Full competency in the use of GD&T, specifically in translating requirements into measurements and assessing results.
- Ability to perform set-ups on Browne & Sharpe CMM machines as needed with knowledge of programming using PC-DMIS software.
- Perform incoming, in-process, and finished goods inspections per specifications. Disposition as appropriate. Document issues for non-conforming materials, isolate and issue noncompliance reports as needed.
- Evaluate and recommend disposition for customer returned product based on customer specifications and requirements.
- Promotes the company initiative of Lean Manufacturing/ Continuous Improvement projects.
- Demonstrate a personal commitment to Quality, Health, Safety and the Environment.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement, and lead by example to ensure company goals are achieved and exceeded.
- All other assigned duties.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) or Two to four years related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a CMM Programmer with associated training and knowledge.
- Working level of understanding of machining processes and techniques.
- General knowledge of ISO 9001 and/or QMS requirements, including but not limited to calibration, non-conforming material, customer returned material, and document control.
Research & Recruitment Specialist
Paula joined the Morisey-Dart Group in August of 2017. She is the firm’s research and recruitment specialist for the medical device and precision machining/manufacturing teams. She is responsible for sourcing and recruiting, lead generation, internet research and various other responsibilities within both the medical device and precision machining industries.
With 25 years at Xerox Corporation in New York, Paula had a prosperous and noteworthy career where she excelled during her tenure. She brings her vast knowledge and expertise in procurement, supply chain, contract administration and project management to the firm. She is a creative and natural problem-solver with proven success in developing and implementing new procedures and processes as well as integrating newly acquired subsidiaries.
Now, she’s using her expertise to build a network of solid relationships in the medical device and precision machining industries that help hiring managers find the top talent they need to improve their organizations.
Paula is Lean Six Sigma certified (Green Belt), has a Master of Science in business management and a Bachelor of Science in education.